‘Tis the Season for Thanks + Giving
First and foremost and above and beyond anything, I want to take a moment to thank YOU, our supporters!
Sincerely and earnestly, from our team to each and every one of you who have supported the growth of Wellfit Girls and the creation of Warrior One, we owe it to you!
I want to personally let you know your donations and volunteering makes a difference.
In a nutshell our successes:
- Safe and successful, intensive leadership training for 22 girls over 2 years. Value=priceless. Details on our girls’ successes and “where are they now?” coming soon.
- Raised more than $250k in the past two years to produce Warrior One, which tells the story of our first group of Wellfit Girls and remains the cornerstone of our empowerment movement.
- Produced full-length documentary, Warrior One, 35-minute school version of Warrior One and a Spanish-subtitled version of Warrior One.
- Outreach to Peru. With our program we contributed financially to Peru’s Challenge, a non-profit where our girls serve. Last year alone we donated $6,500 from our program to theirs!
- We have screened the film for more than 10 festival and social-cause audiences from Miami to California and look forward to a nationwide school tour in 2016-17.
What is next?
With your continued support, we plan to expand the Wellfit Girls program to other areas. Every time we screen the film, communities get excited about the program for their area. We realize it was important for me, as the creator of the curriculum, to dedicate even more time to refining the curriculum.
I have taken this year as a traveling sabbatical from teaching, leading and providing therapy to expand and revise our Wellfit Girls curriculum and training manual. I have weekly meetings via Skype with our board and leadership team in Naples and we have expanded our board with more incredible people who we are excited to introduce in January!
So, even though it may seem like I am gallivanting around the world with no plan, (ok there is a little of that), I have found the most interesting and some very inspiring backdrops to spread out my notes and write, write, write!
We have brought on board two FGCU interns, Paige Shallenkamp and Alicja Zwardon, who will have an opportunity to have a hands on leadership experience while supporting our social media and marketing efforts.
Keep posted for our next phase which will include publishing Wellfit Girls curriculum, expanding the Wellfit Girls program to different U.S. regions, training national leaders, as well as screening the school version of Warrior One around the country.
If you have any great graphic design specialists that specialize in curriculum and wellness/fitness publications, let us know! We are also eager to bring our movie Warrior One and leadership movement to you! Contact us directly if you are interested or know others that may be!
In closing, it is my greatest honor and privilege to share my passion for developing empowered, creative young leaders. We’ve only just begun with girls…I promise, we haven’t forgotten about boys. We have many requests and will be revising and strengthening our program to evolve into a program for boys in the future…we love the boys, too!
Please read our donation request letter below to see some of the quotes from our girls over the past couple years. It warms my heart and keeps me going to continue to be connected to them, hearing them soar as a result of the growth and transformation they’ve experienced from Wellfit Girls.
We all make this possible together.
In loving kindness,